Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend

Here's wishing every mother in my life a Happy Mothers Day! I am grateful for such a thoughtful, loving mother of my own. I have the privilege of knowing so many great moms and am amazed at the selfless, patient, and awesome mothers that are my friends.

For Mothers Day we went to Waxahachie for a family get-together with my in-laws. Preston was definitely the center of attention as he is the only baby on that side of the family right now. It was a really nice day with family! When we got home we finally had our recycle bins from the city waiting for us. I think it's really odd they were delivered on a Sunday...much less Mothers Day...but, whatever. We are officially able to conveniently recycle. I feel so responsible. :)

Backing up a bit...Saturday my parents came to visit. Mom, Preston, & I went shopping and Dad hung out at the house while David was sleeping in preparation for his night shift of work. We all had dinner at the house, later, and had a good time hanging out!

Today Preston and I had lunch with a good friend we haven't seen in a while. We went to PF Changs and enjoyed good food and catching up! After Preston's nap this afternoon he enjoyed a new favorite pastime...laundry diving! :)


Ooohh, I hit the jackpot!


What, I didn't do it!


Covering new territory in the house...the tile!


On Mothers Day...the sun was a lil too bright for Preston. :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Casey Helms said...

I am glad ya'll had a good time for Mother's Day. Preston is too cute. I am coming up to Dallas in June around the 22nd. I'ld love to get together with you and Preston.

Regina said...

Oh my goodness, I haven't seen your blog in so long! Private blogs don't show updates on the blog roll and I didn't know that! Anyway, I am glad you had a good Mother's Day and Preston is so cute!