Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh Blog, How I Have Missed Thee...

I am trying to catch up with happenings around here, but it's not been very easy to do. As you can tell, most of my posts are just about Preston & Aedan and their milestones...more so I can remember this stuff months from now. I'm glad I posted a lot of things when Preston was a baby, because I've already forgotten so much! So here are some more things on the boys...

Aedan...
*He rolled over for the first time on Sunday 8/15/10! It was from his back to stomach--rolling towards the left. He's been working on getting that down for a while now. :)
*I do believe he is teething. He's been chewing on everything, waking up every two hours for the past few nights, and overall more fussy. He also has a little cold right now, so it may not be teeth, but I don't know.
* Aedan laughs all. the. time. And smiles a lot. It's so cute! I don't remember Preston laughing or smiling so much. I love it!
*He is not a fan of his carseat. Preston used to love his!
*A is not a great sleeper. On a good night he still wakes up once or twice and prefers to sleep in his swing. I think he gets 5-7 hours in at once...if that! So, I am still tired, but oh well.
*Aedan loves the jumper/exersaucer thing. He's even fallen asleep in it once. I've got a picture of it below. It was so funny to see! Preston wouldn't ever fall asleep in that thing...although he did like it a lot.
*It's so cute to watch Aedan hold things, grab things, and look at new things in amazement. I just love his expressions.

Preston...
*His little attitude/moodiness is actually improving. We've been working hard to be consistent and use what works to lessen his tantrums...which is to basically walk away.
*When he's in a good mood, he's in a GREAT mood. He laughs it up and likes to sing, dance, and play with all his toys. He's enjoying drawing/coloring and his cars, books, toy vaccum (LOVES this!) and phones.
*If he says a word he wants you to repeat it. He'll keep saying a word over and over again until you say the word back. For example: He'll say "car" and then wait a second...and then if you don't say "car" back then he'll say it again and get faster and louder until you pay attention and repeat the word back.
*As for words, he continues to say a lot more words. His favorite thing to say lately is..."it's stuck!" or "I stuck!" One cute thing he said the other day...We were leaving my parents house and were driving in the car and he said, "Momma?" I said, "Yes, baby?" He said, "Bye-bye, Nana." And he said it like he was sad. It was soo cute!
* A few weeks ago David's family came over and brought furniture for Preston's "new" room. They even set it all up! It was David's bed and dresser from when he was a kid. We still want to paint and actually arrange the room completely...I know, we're slackers! P is still in his crib bc we need a side rail for the bed (it's a twin) and we've sorta tried to put him to sleep there, but he just gets up bc he's so excited about it. He seriously loves the bed, but won't sleep in it yet. (And yes, this means that Aedan still sleeps in our room...either in his pack n play or swing).
*And finally, we are getting rid of the binky! A fellow mom (Regina :)) and also Preston's pedi suggested to get rid of all but one binky and then actually cut a piece of it off every day until it's gone or he loses interest. We are on day 4, and it's actually working! I can see a difference. He asks for the binky, but then isn't as interested in it when he gets it or if I remind him that we are saying "bye-bye to binky" he seems to accept that. We'll see if it really works!!

Those are just a few things about the boys...and here are some pictures...

2 comments:

Amy J said...

I love the "bye bye Nana" story! So cute! What cute boys they are.

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

So cute. They are getting so big but as cute as ever.