This year for Thanksgiving I was supposed to work, but I was able to be off and home since I got bereavement days for Grandad Dolton. We ended up having our first Thanksgiving at home with just David and the boys. It was very nice and relaxing. It was pretty nontraditional as well. David made ham, but we did have green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, and pumpkin pie. I seriously have to have pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. :) Anyway, we took a bunch of pictures and watched a lot of football. Too bad about the Cowboys though! :(
This year was a tough one for our family...especially David losing his mom...but there is still so much to be thankful for
I am thankful for....
-wonderful and loving family and friends who are there for us
-good health, overall
-our careers...esp with the economy and job losses...nurses are in demand for sure!
-Preston & Aedan...they are quite the handful and demanding of all our time and energy (as it is with kids :)) but all of it is so worth it. They bring so much joy to our lives and they are so handsome and smart on top of that. :)
-our Beliefs. Especially with the loss of close family members...we are able to have some comfort and perspective in the Gospel of Jesus Christ to help in this grieving process.
-Music. I love music! I'm glad that Preston seems to love it as well. He likes to sing and dance and I love to see that. :)
-America. Ok that sounds cliche', maybe, but I am thankful for our country. At Grandad Dolton's funeral he recieved Military Honors for his service in the Navy...and I felt so moved, sad, proud, and patriotic all at the same time. I cannot take our freedoms for granted. And I am very grateful for those who sacrifice for our country.
Those are just highlights of some things I can think of right now. :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had a moment to reflect on what you are thankful for.
Here are some pictures from the day. As you can tell, I embraced the whole not-going-anywhere thing by wearing glasses and pjs most of the day. :)
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment