Monday, January 24, 2011

2 1/2 Year and 9 Month Check-ups

Here I am again to post the statistical aspect of our lives. :) I just don't want to forget the boys' milestones...and as of now I only have these stats written on 2 very small pieces of paper that can easily be lost forever. So here we go...
Today Preston and Aedan had their check-ups together. The original reason for the visit was for a follow-up from Aedan's 3rd bilateral ear infection. But we threw the wellness checks in to get it all overwith. I was at the doc's office for over 2 hours! The boys were getting restless, to say the least. Anyway, here are the numbers:

Preston James
2 1/2 Years
Weight: 33lbs
Height: 37 1/2 inches

So he is thinning out a bit. I believe the doc said he is 80th % for weight and 95th % for height. I'll have to check the growth charts I have. I totally don't remember his head measurements...I wanna say 52cm? But I really don't know. He said his head was average and fits his growth. Preston is on track for everything. He seems beyond on track, really. He talks in full sentences, knows all his letters and numbers 1-20...and he's been doing this for several months. He's still our shy guy, but I've accepted it's not a phase, it's really who he is. He's an observer first, and will jump in and interact on his terms. He is a good big brother...always concerned about Aedan and what he's doing. He's becoming pretty bossy, too! He seems musically inclined...loves to sing and dance. He really pays attention to the rhythm and actually sings surprisingly well. He loves to do everything himself and is becoming much better at saying 'please', 'thank you', 'yes ma'am', and 'sorry' unprompted and at just the right times. He's got to have some manners, dang it! :)

And next...
Aedan John
9 Months
Weight 22lbs 10oz
Height: 28.4 inches

 I am trying hard to remember here (I was pretty distracted trying to watch the boys and listen to the doc at the same time) and I think Aedan is 80th % for weight and 30th % for height with his head measuring 45cm? which is like 95-100th %. So a lot of his weight is probably coming from his head! But the doc said at least his head is now actually on the growth curve, instead of beyond it. Aedan got one shot and then we got his blood drawn for the CBC and lead level. I actually had to go home and then go to the lab after nap time because Preston was throwing a fit by the time we were done and Aedan fell asleep the instant I buckled him into his car seat. So it really took up the entire day, but that's just how it goes. :) Aedan is crawling up a storm...but really army crawling. He'll get up on his hands and knees and clumsily try to crawl, but then realize using his arms and belly get him around faster. He is all over the house! He's not pulling to stand yet, and I don't think Preston did this until he was closer to 11 months old. He's got his 8 teeth and we saw he has a molar coming in on the bottom left. He loves to feed himself and is still breastfeeding. Oh, and very happy news for me...he is FINALLY sleeping through the night!!! It took him so long (to me) to do this. It's so great! He sleeps a good 10-11 hours...WOOHOO!! :)

Here are some recent pictures...


1 comment:

Amy J said...

My nephews are so adorable! Love them! Maybe you should blog about them more often...heehee