Friday, March 26, 2010

Preston = 20 Months Old

This past Monday (3/22) Preston turned 20 months old and he's actually suddenly so much older and smarter than just a month ago. He really has changed a lot...to me, anyway. I've heard that from about 18 months to 2 years old babies really do learn and change rapidly. Anyway, so Preston seems to learn a new word every day. These are some of the words he says...No!, Mine!, Please, Thank You, Hi, Bye, Owl, Dog, Cat, Cow, Dadda, Momma, Abby (the dog), Uh-oh, Oh-no, Ball, Keys, Baby, Fan, Ouch, Fruit Snack, Duck, Fishy, Juice, Milk...and it's hard to think of the words he says because he just imitates our words all the time. He totally makes his wants known...like when he wants something to eat he'll go to the pantry and try to open it and say "please" or "snack". If he wants more drink he'll bring his cup to one of us and shake the cup to show us it's empty...and sometimes he'll say please. He has recently started skipping around the house and jumping up and down just for fun or as a way to dance. He nods his head to the music and dances around even more than he used to. He "sings" Ring Around the Rosie...and of course falls down. :) He is able to climb on the couches and chairs at home without help now and loves to sit with us. The thing he really loves these past few weeks is to bring one of his board books to me and he points to all the pictures and wants me to name the picture he is pointing to or I'll ask him to show me where the picture is (such as a car, ball, banana, etc) and he points to it. He loves to wear our shoes around the house and always wants me to put on random shoes of his. Preston is such a ham at home, but still a shy kid around others and when he is not home. It takes him a while to warm up...even if he knows the person already. He's very observant and likes to watch what is going on before getting involved himself. I guess he's more like me in that way.

Anyway, Preston is such a sweetheart and we really love our little boy!! I have been enjoying these almost 2 weeks with just Preston before our new baby boy arrives. I know his world is about to be turned upside down with all this change...I just hope he handles the change ok or that it doesn't take too long to adjust.

For some reason I haven't loaded up some new pictures I have of him on the computer yet. I will get to that sometime. :)

No comments: