Preston is 23 months old today! I can't believe he will be 2 next month!! Preston still remains in that clingy, shy stage when it comes to crowds and most unfamiliar and even familiar people. Otherwise, once he warms up or when he's just at home he enjoys climbing on everything and pushing a box or step stool around to use to get to whatever he can't reach; sitting on everyone's lap and giving hugs and kisses; reading books; dancing; trying to count and say his ABCs...he recognizes a lot of them correctly; anything water-related; going "bye-bye"...if he even thinks I'm getting ready to go somewhere he runs around excitedly saying "bye-bye? bye-bye?" while he's finding his shoes; he's getting very attached to his blankie and won't even leave it at home most times, lately; he's been a little jealous of his brother if he thinks I'm holding Aedan too much or something; and Preston is just continuing to put words together and correctly understanding directions such as up, down, under, etc. When it's mealtime and we all sit down together, Preston will automatically fold his arms and wait for us to say a prayer...it's so cute! He will also say "Amen!" after the prayer is said. He loves his cars and loves to point at cars out on the road while we are driving. His favorite thing to say is, "Daddy car!" Preston also knows pretty much every body part and will point out everything on the face on everyone (including and especially Aedan) and even on our pets. He's a busy, silly boy and so much fun! But he definitely can throw some little tantrums. :) A few funny things about Preston...whenever he sees a guy--any grown man--he will point and say "dada!"...which can be a little strange when it's just me and him and Aedan out at the store. I know he knows it's not actually his dad, but I think he just thinks all men are called dad? I duno! If he sees a ceiling fan anywhere he gets excited that he knows what it is and will repeatedly say..."fan!". And also when it comes to snack time he wants to have his own bag to carry around and eat the snack out of. He gets very upset if you try and just hand him the cracker or cookie or whatever by itself. It's funny what things he is particular about. There aren't many, but that one is a definite. Preston also still loves his binky and has to sleep with his binky, blankie, and a couple of stuffed animals. In fact, Preston loves some of the musical stuffed animals given as gifts to Aedan. I don't think they will ever belong to Aedan. :) Oh yeah, and how could I forget? Preston has used his own little potty a few times! I haven't commited to fully potty training, but I think I really need to since he can definitely do it! Anyway, here are some pictures of Preston taken during the month of June! I made a slideshow b/c I can't get the blogger picture uploader thing to work...
8 years ago


2 comments:
Hey, Preston, you're gonna have to give up that binkie sometime! Hahaha. Love, Aunt Amy
Too cute! It was nice to hear more about him. Kids are so funny. I never realized how funny they can be about things. And Preston, tell your Aunt Amy, you aren't ready to give up your binkie yet. Big hugs! Casey
Post a Comment