On Saturday, June 5th, David and I went on a fun date! :) We went to Texas Motor Speedway and saw the Fireston 550 IndyCar Race. It was a lot of fun! I have never been to a race in my life, but I really liked it! David's Aunt Brenda had tickets and asked if we wanted them so we decided we would go. David's mom, grandma, and Aunt Brenda generously came over and watched the boys even though we got back super late at night. When we got to the race it was HOT, but luckily most of the seating is in the shade and so it really wasn't that bad. We sat next to some really nice people and had a good time talking. One of the girls was 8 months pregnant! I know I would not have been sitting on uncomfortable bleachers in the heat when I was 8 months pregnant! Anyway, once the race started, the cars are so loud that we wore earplugs. It was so cool to feel the vibration of the engines as they raced by and to smell the fuel/car smell. I might be weird, but I have always kinda liked that smell. :) Pretty much everyone there was cheering on Danica Patrick...she came in second place. We did see 3 wrecks, and one of them was a huge fiery crash! And thankfully, all the drivers were ok. We really enjoyed the race, but afterwards the traffic was pretty horrendous! We got home well after midnight, but it was worth it. I would like to go to another race in the future for sure!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment