Saturday, June 12, 2010

Life!

Admittedly I've been a terrible blogger, so here's a super list of things going on lately....
1.) May 22nd David and I celebrated our 6 Year Wedding Anniversary!! Also that night we celebrated my brother's 30th Birthday with a surprise dinner at Maggiano's. Oh yeah, and Preston turned 22 months old on that day! :)
2.) May 24th was Memorial Day and we went to our community pool (as it was the first weekend to be open) as a family. We only got Preston in his swimsuit and didn't get in our swimsuits because frankly I thought he'd be scared of the water and that he wouldn't want to stay long...but he wasn't scared at all! We took turns sitting with Aedan in the shade and splashing around in the walk-in portion of the pool with Preston. He didn't want to leave. :) Now I got him a life vest floaty so he can start learning to swim around. We'll be going again this week.
3.) June 1st was my first day back at work! The boys have been doing well at daycare and work has been good for me. I am back to working part time...which is two 12-hour shifts a week.
4.) June 2nd Aedan turned 2 months old and had his 2 month check up. He got vaccines and weighed in at 13 lbs and was 23 inches long. That puts him in about the 75th percentile. Preston was already bigger than him at this age...I can't believe that! Aedan's only issue is that he favors leaning his head to the left, which is starting to make his head a little mis-shapen and jaw a bit crooked. So we've been doing daily physical therapy with him and using a pillow support for his neck when he's sitting up to hopefully avoid us needing a helmet in the future. He's already improving quite a bit from where he was!
5.) June 5th David and I went to Texas Motor Speedway and saw the Firestone 550 IndyCar race! Dave's Aunt Brenda gave us the tickets and she and my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law came over and watched the boys so we could go. :) It was a lot of fun! And my first time to go to a race. I will make a seperate post about that later bc I have some pictures and video to post. It was such a great gift to go on a nice date! They came over around 4pm and stayed until we got home well after midnight! So awesome! :)
6.) June 10th I got a case of mastitis. :( I felt horrible, achy, and had a fever of 101.6. Thankfully my good friend, Debbie, basically made me let her take Preston to her house (she has a 2 year old and 2 month old of her own as well!) so I could get some rest and I called my doc and got some antibiotics. Literally within a few hours of taking the antibiotics and a good dose of Tylenol, I was already feeling much better! David was also a sweetheart and came home early from work to take care of me. I seriously didn't even feel like moving!
In this past month since my last post Preston is talking like crazy and putting words together and loves to jump and skip everywhere. Aedan is a really smiley baby, holding his head stronger, and is sleeping for longer stretches at night...sometimes 7 hours! David is continuing training at DFW and working nursing shifts when he can. David and I also teach Sunday School classes at church each week. I have a class of 5 great 11 and 12 year old girls and David teaches 16 and 17 year olds. We are busy, busy! But life is good. :) Hopefully I will get up the pictures and follow-up posts soon!

1 comment:

Mrs. Casey Helms said...

Sounds like you have had a busy few weeks. Don't feel bad about being a bad blogger. I have been a bad blogger too. Thank you so much for my birthday card. It was wonderful. And yes we do need to find time to get together. I will be up in Dallas sometime the week after this one for Richard's birthday and again in July around the 8th. So let me know if any of those times work for you.