Well, I had the sonogram today...and it looks like I will have to have a c-section. :( I will see my doctor tomorrow to discuss the details...but I already know I will have to have one. I have a very low lying placenta that we have been watching since week 20 back in March...and it is *still* too close to the cervix to allow a "normal" delivery. Anyway, I'll know a lot more tomorrow when I see my doc. I may even have a date set!
I was able to get new sonogram pictures today, but they were really blurry since he is running out of room in there! He's weighing in at 6 lbs 8 ozs as of today!! Here's a picture from my 20 week sono just because. :)

I was able to get new sonogram pictures today, but they were really blurry since he is running out of room in there! He's weighing in at 6 lbs 8 ozs as of today!! Here's a picture from my 20 week sono just because. :)

Preston's profile @ 20 weeks :)
3 comments:
Well...I had a psych professor back in college who swore up and down that a c-section was the best way to go for your baby. It limited all kinds of risks to the baby that can happen during delivery. (And the baby won't have a cone head like I did when I was born.)
Everything will be alright and you and Preston will be great.
Sorry that you have to have a c/section, I know you were hoping for a vaginal delivery but look at it this way, at least you don't have hours of not knowing exactly when the baby will come. Plus, as mentioned previously, no cone heads. Thanks for all your sweet comments about my mom, by the way.
Sorry about having to have a c-section. But now you will get to know exactly when he is coming. I most likely will be induced early but that doesn't give me an exact day either, since with Brooklyn i was induced on the 9th but she wasn't born until the 10th. We are positive on a name yet, but are leaning towards Brady.
Post a Comment