Thursday, December 17, 2009

16 Months, now 17 Months

Time is flying by and Preston will be 17 months old next week! I just wanted to jot down a couple of things he's been doing lately...

-He's a lot more expressive these days and when something interests him he will make this really surprised face and make a little gasp and go "ooooh!". When I get a chance I will show you some video of it because I think it's so cute. :)
-Preston is really into his books and likes to pick a book (usually a board book) and he will open it up and just "read" to himself. Then he will bring it to me and wants to "read" it to me or wants me to flip through it with him. When I actually point things out and read to him he gets a little restless, but sometimes he'll actually sit still and let me read to him.
-He has learned that cars are not only for carrying around and banging together, but that they actually roll on the ground. He also makes "vroom, vroom" sounds while he plays with cars.
-Preston is also actually starting to say more words and show us he understands what we are saying. His new thing is when we ask him, "What does a dog say?" He'll go "woof, woof!".
-He is also able to show us where his nose is...and where everyone elses' nose is. And sometimes a mouth and eyes.
-Every day he seems to talk more and more, but I still don't understand most of what he is saying. When he wakes up in the morning or from a nap he will usually start babbling away telling me all sorts of things in great detail...if only I could understand all of it! :)

Here he is a couple of weeks ago...I think he was probably on the move--hence the statue deer butt being half the picture. :)

1 comment:

Amy J said...

You've got to bring that cute nephew of mine to visit! Give him his first taste of the desert!