Thursday, December 22, 2011

'Tis the Season

   This past week we have had so much fun enjoying Christmas festivities together as a family. This year, in particular, has been so much fun to see the joy in Preston as he is learning about Christmas and understanding more. Aedan is also excited, but there's just something special to see the sparkle and excitement in Preston's eyes. :) I put up our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving and the boys even helped with the ornaments. When I had the tree together and turned on the lights the boys totally "oohed and ahhed". So cute!

I didn't bother putting all the ornaments on the tree because the boys still mess with the ornaments too much...esp Aedan! I have started replacing the glass balls with plastic ones. :)


Here we are making sugar cookies:
 

This was one night on our way to Interlochen to see the lights. It's one of my favorite things to do. :) We always went and looked at Christmas lights as a family when I was a kid. 


Another night we went to Grand Prairie Lights. Most of the pictures didn't turn out. On our way there Preston totally fell asleep in the car! Once he falls asleep it is very difficult to wake him up. Aedan enjoyed it anyway. :) He kept pointing and saying, "Oooh! Lightss!"


We've also been watching lots of Christmas movies. I have the classics...Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa Claus. Preston could seriously watch Rudolph alll day long. He asks for it multiple times a day! I just love this time of year. Especially sharing it with our boys! :)

No comments: