Saturday, August 2, 2008

Good News and Bad News

Ok, so Thursday I had a follow up appointment with my OB/GYN because of all those complications I had in the hospital. He did follow up labs and took my blood pressure and both were perfect! He also took off the steri strips on my incision and gave me instructions for cleaning the site. I have been feeling good, and overall it was a good appointment....Then Friday came. :( I woke up Friday morning with horrible body aches and chills. I took my temperature and it was 101.4! I called my OB/GYN's nurse ASAP and she told me to start taking ibuprofen and to wait for her to call me back once she talked to my doc. So she called me back shortly afterward and my doc wanted me to come in again on Friday...so I got another appointment for later in the afternoon.

Preston had an appointment with the pediatrician at 2:00pm Friday and his appointment went very well! We took his weight and he now weighs 7 lbs 1 ounce and is 19 inches long! :) They had to draw some blood on him b/c the doc thought he looked pale and could be anemic, but his levels were just fine. He just takes after his pale mommy. :) I was proud of him because he didn't even pee on the doc. :) But let me tell you, a good way to break my heart and make me cry is to hear the shrill cry Preston gave when he was stuck on his heel for the labs. :( I don't want to witness that again. David even had to hold back some tears. :( But luckily it was over very quickly and he received lots of kisses and cuddles once we were done.

So after Preston's appointment we went to my appointment. My OB/GYN checked everything out thoroughly and turns out I have a uterine infection. :( He thinks it was from that intrauterine balloon he had to place after the c-section. I even got extra doses of IV antibiotics to help prevent an infection when I was in the hospital...but I guess it just wasn't enough. Anyway, I got a shot of Rocephin and have started on oral antibiotics. My fever is now down to 100.3...but that's with taking the Lortab (which has 500mg of Tylenol in it) and also taking ibuprofen. I can only hope this passes soon!

So all in all we had a very long Friday. David and I originally left at 1:30pm and didn't get home until 6:00pm! My mom stayed at our house and cleaned--which I am so grateful for. She goes back home later today and I know I'm going to cry. She's been so helpful! Anyway, sorry there are no pics. I haven't made it to the other computer to load up the newer ones I've taken. There should be more pics soon, though!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Congrats on baby Preston!! So sorry to hear about all the complications you are having, but hang in there hopefully things will get better. Preston is soo cute!

Stoddard Family said...

I am glad to hear Preston is doing well. I hope that you get to feeling better soon, and don't run into anymore problems.

Sam said...

Sorry about your infection, that is no fun. Rochelle had a right ovarian thrombosis right after Maddie was born and ended up with 103 degree temp. It is never fun to have infection and a new baby. Hope you feel better soon. Glad Preston is doing well!

bbarr said...

Preston is adorable, any time you need a babysitter, call the Grandmothers first! (just kidding!) I can't wait to just smell of him again...he'ssoooo cute!