Lately I just haven't felt motivated to blog and I haven't even been reading anyone's blogs. I think it has to do more with David having the laptop with him in OKC...so it's less convenient for me to blog. Anyway, that being said, there's a lot to catch up on!
-Right after the truck fiasco and Preston's pink eye, Preston and I got really bad colds and Preston ended up having a double ear infection which he was put on antibiotics for. That was not a fun couple of weeks here at home! But it all finally ended!
-After those couple of weeks it has taken Preston a while to get back to himself. He has been experiencing some pretty severe separation anxiety and even cried when I left him at daycare (which he never does) and cried and was super moody when my mother-in-law, grandmother-in-law, and aunt-in-law came to visit (again, he never does this!). He just clung to me and acted scared and shy. That's so not like him. I mean, he's kind of a shy kid, but never like that.
-Of course Preston started his first week of Nursery at church while he was going through that funky stage! For those who don't know, Nursery is what kids attend at our church starting when they are 18 months old. Before then you just keep your child with you (which is no fun when they start crawling and walking on their own)! Anyway, so Nursery is 2 hours long and Preston basically fussed the whole first hour. He did calm down for the last hour, but pretty much wanted to be held by one of the teachers the entire time.
-Preston's second week of Nursery went much better, but he still cried when we left. This time David and I both went in together and I left first. When I left Preston didn't cry, but when David left he did...but not as long. And he didn't have to be held the entire time. He also hasn't cried when I leave daycare anymore this last week-yay!
-So as Preston is getting a little better with his new separation anxiety, he is now starting to throw some horrible tantrums! This is no fun!! I know it's the age, but we also have had some pretty big things going on with David being gone most of the time the last 3 months for his new job and a new baby coming. I think it's Preston's way of dealing with all the changes...on top of just coming with the territory of his age. That's my theory, anyway. But don't get me wrong, Preston is still a sweet boy and very silly and makes me smile and laugh most of the time!
-On the 22nd Preston officially turned 18 Months Old!! So besides the tantrums and separation anxiety Preston is getting so big and smart! He had his 18 Month Doc Appt on the 22nd and he is 28lbs and 33 inches tall...which puts him in the 75th % for both. He got 4 vaccines plus both the seasonal flu and H1N1 flu vaccine that visit. He did really well with all the shots...he just cried with the stick, but then stopped as soon as I picked him up.
-Preston is saying more words...but more than that...he is understanding a whole lot more. Here are some examples...
*When I say, "It's bath time!" He'll get a big smile on his face, run to the bathroom, and peer over the tub--just waiting for me to get the water started. He loves bathtime!
*He walks to his room to get his 'blankie" when I say "it's night, night time".
*He'll walk to his room and stand in front of his changing table when I ask if he's poopy and needs a diaper change. He won't yet tell me when he has a dirty diaper, but if I ask, "Are you poopy?" He'll say "poopoo!" or just walk to his room for me to follow him and change his diaper.
*When it's time to go somewhere I'll say, "Let's go bye bye!" and he'll get excited and say "byebye-doh!" and walk to the front door or grab his shoes and bring them to me if they aren't already on. I'm not sure why he says "byebye-doh", but he seems to add an extra sound to some of his words.
-Preston loves to be chased! He will run away and laugh like crazy when you catch him and tickle him. It's especially cute with other kids. We've had our friend's daughter (who is about 21 months old) over a couple of times this last week and they will chase each other and have a blast.
-Preston is also feeding himself very well with a fork. He's been able to do this for quite a while, but I don't think I have mentioned it before.
Ok, sorry this post is pretty random and wordy! Hopefully you followed my random thought process ok. :)
-Right after the truck fiasco and Preston's pink eye, Preston and I got really bad colds and Preston ended up having a double ear infection which he was put on antibiotics for. That was not a fun couple of weeks here at home! But it all finally ended!
-After those couple of weeks it has taken Preston a while to get back to himself. He has been experiencing some pretty severe separation anxiety and even cried when I left him at daycare (which he never does) and cried and was super moody when my mother-in-law, grandmother-in-law, and aunt-in-law came to visit (again, he never does this!). He just clung to me and acted scared and shy. That's so not like him. I mean, he's kind of a shy kid, but never like that.
-Of course Preston started his first week of Nursery at church while he was going through that funky stage! For those who don't know, Nursery is what kids attend at our church starting when they are 18 months old. Before then you just keep your child with you (which is no fun when they start crawling and walking on their own)! Anyway, so Nursery is 2 hours long and Preston basically fussed the whole first hour. He did calm down for the last hour, but pretty much wanted to be held by one of the teachers the entire time.
-Preston's second week of Nursery went much better, but he still cried when we left. This time David and I both went in together and I left first. When I left Preston didn't cry, but when David left he did...but not as long. And he didn't have to be held the entire time. He also hasn't cried when I leave daycare anymore this last week-yay!
-So as Preston is getting a little better with his new separation anxiety, he is now starting to throw some horrible tantrums! This is no fun!! I know it's the age, but we also have had some pretty big things going on with David being gone most of the time the last 3 months for his new job and a new baby coming. I think it's Preston's way of dealing with all the changes...on top of just coming with the territory of his age. That's my theory, anyway. But don't get me wrong, Preston is still a sweet boy and very silly and makes me smile and laugh most of the time!
-On the 22nd Preston officially turned 18 Months Old!! So besides the tantrums and separation anxiety Preston is getting so big and smart! He had his 18 Month Doc Appt on the 22nd and he is 28lbs and 33 inches tall...which puts him in the 75th % for both. He got 4 vaccines plus both the seasonal flu and H1N1 flu vaccine that visit. He did really well with all the shots...he just cried with the stick, but then stopped as soon as I picked him up.
-Preston is saying more words...but more than that...he is understanding a whole lot more. Here are some examples...
*When I say, "It's bath time!" He'll get a big smile on his face, run to the bathroom, and peer over the tub--just waiting for me to get the water started. He loves bathtime!
*He walks to his room to get his 'blankie" when I say "it's night, night time".
*He'll walk to his room and stand in front of his changing table when I ask if he's poopy and needs a diaper change. He won't yet tell me when he has a dirty diaper, but if I ask, "Are you poopy?" He'll say "poopoo!" or just walk to his room for me to follow him and change his diaper.
*When it's time to go somewhere I'll say, "Let's go bye bye!" and he'll get excited and say "byebye-doh!" and walk to the front door or grab his shoes and bring them to me if they aren't already on. I'm not sure why he says "byebye-doh", but he seems to add an extra sound to some of his words.
-Preston loves to be chased! He will run away and laugh like crazy when you catch him and tickle him. It's especially cute with other kids. We've had our friend's daughter (who is about 21 months old) over a couple of times this last week and they will chase each other and have a blast.
-Preston is also feeding himself very well with a fork. He's been able to do this for quite a while, but I don't think I have mentioned it before.
Ok, sorry this post is pretty random and wordy! Hopefully you followed my random thought process ok. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment