Along with the wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday...there was also a not-so-great event that happened. It was a first-time event that I hope not to repeat. Ever. So here goes...
David and I decided to trade vehicles after Christmas since my car is all wheel drive and handles snow and ice way better than his big ol' truck. It was just for a few days while he was in OKC. So I kept his truck here and drove it. I worked on Monday and Tuesday, and after my shift on Tuesday I decided to stop through a drive thru and get some food. Preston was already asleep in his car seat as it was around 8pm. I ordered my food and pulled around the building to pay at the window. That's when it happened. I must have been pretty tired and didn't realize that I was so CLOSE to the bright yellow metal pole next to the drive through window. Yep, that's right, I did it. I totally scraped and dented the truck from the back driver-side door down the side of the bed of the truck. Apparently I didn't realize how wide of a turn I needed to take in the truck (the food window was at the bend of the building--it was a curved side of the building--if that makes sense.) to not scrape the pole! I still can't believe I did that! Luckily no one was hurt (not even the building or pole) only the truck. :( And believe me I so didn't want to tell David, but I called him up because I knew I had to get it over with. I was so upset with myself and I still can't believe it actually happened! The damage amount is around $2500...so needless to say, we had to put a claim on our insurance policy. It's the first time I ever had to do that. Talk about feeling bad! Anyway, we will have it fixed and luckily David's Grandma is gracious enough to let us borrow her car while it is being repaired...because of course we come to find out that for some reason we don't have rental car coverage through our insurance policy. I could have sworn we opted to add that. Oh well. We will be adding it now!
I do have some pictures of the damage on my phone...and once I figure out how to upload them here I will do so.
And on to our next segment...
On Saturday poor Preston started getting pink eye. He has had some congestion and a cough off and on for about a week, and I guess he'd been rubbing his runny nose into his eyes in his sleep. Anyway, we went ahead and called the pediatrician on call...who basically didn't help us any. He told us to just put warm compresses on his eye and call if it was worse in the morning. Warm compresses on a toddler's eye?? What was he thinking? Yeah, we tried to do that and of course Preston let us keep it on there for about 2 seconds, maybe. By Sunday morning of course his eye was worse and then his other eye was infected as well. So he had swollen, red, crusty eyes that I kept wiping constantly to Preston's dismay. David went ahead and called his mom to call in prescription eye drops from the family doctor she works for. So on Sunday I went to church to teach my new class (11 & 12 year olds!) while David stayed home with Preston. Afterwards we headed over to David's parent's house to get the eye drops and also pick up Grandma's car we are borrowing. We ended up staying there for a bit and ate pizza and watched the Cowboy game...well, we left at halftime. Anyway, so now Preston's eyes are pretty much totally cleared up--yay!
So those were the adventures of the week!
David and I decided to trade vehicles after Christmas since my car is all wheel drive and handles snow and ice way better than his big ol' truck. It was just for a few days while he was in OKC. So I kept his truck here and drove it. I worked on Monday and Tuesday, and after my shift on Tuesday I decided to stop through a drive thru and get some food. Preston was already asleep in his car seat as it was around 8pm. I ordered my food and pulled around the building to pay at the window. That's when it happened. I must have been pretty tired and didn't realize that I was so CLOSE to the bright yellow metal pole next to the drive through window. Yep, that's right, I did it. I totally scraped and dented the truck from the back driver-side door down the side of the bed of the truck. Apparently I didn't realize how wide of a turn I needed to take in the truck (the food window was at the bend of the building--it was a curved side of the building--if that makes sense.) to not scrape the pole! I still can't believe I did that! Luckily no one was hurt (not even the building or pole) only the truck. :( And believe me I so didn't want to tell David, but I called him up because I knew I had to get it over with. I was so upset with myself and I still can't believe it actually happened! The damage amount is around $2500...so needless to say, we had to put a claim on our insurance policy. It's the first time I ever had to do that. Talk about feeling bad! Anyway, we will have it fixed and luckily David's Grandma is gracious enough to let us borrow her car while it is being repaired...because of course we come to find out that for some reason we don't have rental car coverage through our insurance policy. I could have sworn we opted to add that. Oh well. We will be adding it now!
I do have some pictures of the damage on my phone...and once I figure out how to upload them here I will do so.
And on to our next segment...
On Saturday poor Preston started getting pink eye. He has had some congestion and a cough off and on for about a week, and I guess he'd been rubbing his runny nose into his eyes in his sleep. Anyway, we went ahead and called the pediatrician on call...who basically didn't help us any. He told us to just put warm compresses on his eye and call if it was worse in the morning. Warm compresses on a toddler's eye?? What was he thinking? Yeah, we tried to do that and of course Preston let us keep it on there for about 2 seconds, maybe. By Sunday morning of course his eye was worse and then his other eye was infected as well. So he had swollen, red, crusty eyes that I kept wiping constantly to Preston's dismay. David went ahead and called his mom to call in prescription eye drops from the family doctor she works for. So on Sunday I went to church to teach my new class (11 & 12 year olds!) while David stayed home with Preston. Afterwards we headed over to David's parent's house to get the eye drops and also pick up Grandma's car we are borrowing. We ended up staying there for a bit and ate pizza and watched the Cowboy game...well, we left at halftime. Anyway, so now Preston's eyes are pretty much totally cleared up--yay!
So those were the adventures of the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment