Monday, October 5, 2009

Hair Disaster

First of all, I am thoroughly embarrassed about this, but I will share anyway. :) You see, Preston has always had a pretty good amount of hair and as he got a little tail of hair growing on the back of his head at about 6 months of age I would routinely trim the back of his hair (and sometimes the sides) to keep it all pretty even. Yes, I did it myself and it always turned out ok.

Well, recently his hair has been pretty shaggy (esp in the front) and I would try and keep it sort of parted to the side so it wouldn't hang in his eyes, but it always fell in front and I knew he needed the front trimmed up. So instead of leaving it to the professionals and taking him to get it cut, I decided to try it myself. Big mistake! I started by trimming the front (trying only to take off a little) and it wasn't too bad...so I kept going. I got braver and took a section of thicker hair in the back and ran it inbetween my fingers and snipped away. It actually worked ok, so I took another section in the back and did the same thing...but then...disaster!! I made a bald spot in the back of my baby's head!! Yes, in the back of his head with his soft, fine, beautiful baby hair...he has a bald spot! I have banned myself from ever cutting his hair again. And I should probably still take him to a professional to actually maybe fix his hair...but I'm even afraid to do that. Even the trim I did on the front and sides looks funny and uneven in places. Anyone know a good hair cutting place for kids? :)

I thought about buzzing his head, but I really don't want to...plus it's actually getting cooler outside now. David even agreed to tell a white lie for me and tell everyone we had to cut his hair because he got gum, candy, or something sticky stuck in his hair. But I decided to confess the truth. I plan to laugh about this one day...although it's still soo embarrassing and sad to me now!

Here is before...with his shaggy hair!


And here's after...(his hair is pushed to the side...so it's not really uneven and choppy like that...it actually kinda looks like a chili bowl cut when it's not swept to the side--which looks really dumb!)


My baby's poor bald spot! :( :( :( And, yes, it looks worse in person!

Never again I tell ya!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CoolCuts 4 Kids is where I take Tyler and they do a great job:D
Shannon

Mrs. Casey Helms said...

awww...Chris keeps wanting me trim around Caden's ears. You have convinced me not to. I am so sorry.

Amy J said...

Oh, Penni, I'm so sorry because you're embarrassed, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw his bald spot. I've ruined Mason's hair before...not fun! But my nephew still looks cute, even with his bald spot. : )

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

Oh no.... Penni! I really didn't think it would be that bad but.. his poor little head! Don't feel too bad. I know you're not the only Mom who's tried to cut hair and did a little too much.

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

At least he is too little to understand. Put a hat on him, that will make it must more noticeable. Some of us just have to learn the hard way not to do things...like when I thought I'd save some money and cut Sally's fur, NEVER AGAIN!!!