Thursday, January 22, 2009

Preston's Half Birthday!

Happy Half-Birthday to Preston! I can't believe he is already 6 months old. :) So this morning Preston got his blood drawn and it went better than I expected. He only let out a little cry when he was stuck and then got a little fussy because we were holding him so still. But then he was totally back to his happy, smiling self. He also had his 6 month appointment today and got 5 vaccines--but only 3 injections--(since some can be combined) and the liquid rotovirus. He did well with those too. He now weighs 20 lbs 6 oz and is 28 inches long! So he remains in the 95th percentile for both. I gotta move him to a bigger car seat b/c the length limit on his current one is, of course, 28 inches. Luckily my mom has one I can use so I don't have to buy another carseat right now. I wasn't expecting him to need another one so soon since the weight limit on the one I have is 32lbs. I didn't even think about height.

Anyway, I feel like I've been running from one thing to the next this week! Here are some pictures I took today. I gave Preston his first fruit today--pears--and he really liked them. I thought he would. :) Oh, and I discovered his love for anything paper today. He grabbed my receipt at the doctors' office and destroyed it quickly and then later swiped a magazine off the couch and cried loudly in protest when I took it away. Once I had him taste the pears he forgot about the magazine...for a little while, at least.


"La, la, la...playing with my foot..."


"Oh no, the camera *again*???"


"You better stop with all the pictures--I can almost get up now!"


My little pin cushion with all his bandages from today


His newfound love

3 comments:

Mrs. Casey Helms said...

mmmm...paper...good source of fiber. :) Happy Half-Birthday Preston.

Stevie said...

awww, happy 1/2 bday little man! that top picture of him playing with his foot is WAY cute! you should enter him in the people.com baby pic contest if it's still going on. :P *hugs*

Regina said...

Happy 6 month, Preston!! He is so cute, and I'll let you know when that paper thing ends, Kelly still LOVES it!!